For the safety of all clients, employees and guests, Universal Studios has a drive-on procedure that must be adhered to by all persons driving onto the lot.
All visitors to the Universal Studios Lot will need a daily drive-on access pass. Passes can be arranged by a department, Stages & Backlot Operations Representative or Special Event Manager. When you arrive at the studio gate you will be asked to show a valid state issued ID card to the security officer. The gate officer will look up your pass and direct you to your destination. Please let the officer know if you go by a name other than what is shown on your ID card to help facilitate locating your pass.
In the event that a pass has not been setup you will be directed to a courtesy phone where you may contact our Pass Office to help arrange a pass with the party you are visiting. Please have the following information available for the Pass Office; name of person you are visiting, name of production or event and a contact number. We appreciate your patience as your arrival may be delayed while we get your pass approved.
RULES FOR DRIVING ON THE LOT
Please adhere to the following rules when operating a motor vehicle on the lot:
- Park in assigned parking space ONLY and obey all posted traffic signs (Stop, Yield, One-Way, No Parking, Handicap, Speed Limit and painted red curbs/fire zones, etc.)
- Maximum speed limit while driving on the lot is 10 MPH
- Yield the “Right of Way” to Universal Studios Hollywood trams and pedestrians at all times (Note: The fourth car of tram swings wide)
- When approaching a red flashing light or a flag guard who is signaling that filming is in progress, please bring your vehicle to an immediate stop and proceed only when the red light is shut off or flag guard waves you on
- Golf carts may only be operated by persons with a valid state issued driver’s license
To report an incident (minor traffic accident, theft, suspicious person, etc.) while on the Universal Studios Lot please contact Security Operations Center at 818.777.2445. We are staffed 24 hrs. a day.